Contact via Email:
“Taylor went above and beyond during the entire case. I felt valued, respected and as if I was the #1 and only client he had.” – Adam D. (Winslow, Maine)
Taylor specializes in medical malpractice cases, trucking accident cases, and other complex personal injury cases.
Taylor possesses a unique combination of intellect, competitive drive, and human empathy that makes him a powerful advocate for his clients. Taylor has dedicated his career to championing the interests of individuals who have suffered harm or injury from corporate misconduct, individual negligence, and bad medical care. Taylor’s efforts on behalf of injured Mainers have resulted in several of the largest case settlements in Maine history.
“Nobody is more committed to his clients than Taylor,” said Ben Gideon. “His mind is always working. It’s not unusual for me to receive a call after midnight from Taylor, wanting to brainstorm about a thorny problem or about case strategy. Taylor is also a gifted legal writer, enabling our clients to gain the upper hand in motions and briefs submitted to the courts. When it comes to the full range of personal qualities and skills needed to achieve extraordinary client results, there are few lawyers I’ve met who can match Taylor.”
A native of Maine, Taylor is a graduate of Yale Law School. At Yale, Taylor worked in the Veterans Legal Services Clinic, representing veterans who were improperly denied disability benefits. After graduating from law school, Taylor clerked for federal judges in New York City and Newark, New Jersey. Taylor began his career at a plaintiff class action firm in New York, before returning to Maine to represent individual plaintiffs in medical malpractice, truck accidents, and other complex personal injury cases.
“The wealthy and the powerful don’t just expect their attorneys to be good. They expect them to be the best,” Taylor says. “We aren’t interested in being ‘good’ lawyers. We expect ourselves to provide our clients’ representation every bit as good as America’s biggest corporations receive.”
Taylor’s wife, Becca, is an Associate General Counsel at Idexx Laboratories. Taylor and Becca live in Falmouth, Maine, and have three children, Davida, Vivienne, and Leon.
- J.D., Yale Law School, 2012
- M.A., Columbia University, 2007
- B.A., George Washington University (summa cum laude), 2006
- Law Clerk, Hon. Julio Fuentes, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2014
- Law Clerk, Hon. J. Paul Oetken, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, 2013
- The Best Lawyers in America ― “Ones to Watch,” 2021 – present
- Super Lawyers ― “Rising Star,” 2017 – present
- AVVO – Rated 10/10
MEMBERSHIPS & DISTINCTIONS
- Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys
- Chair, Maine Supreme Judicial Court IOLTA Working Group (2020)
- Co-chair, Legislative Committee, Maine Trial Lawyers Association, 2019–present
- Right to Know Advisory Committee, Maine State Legislature, 2019-present
- American Association for Justice
- Maine (2016)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (2014)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York (2014)
- New York (2013)