You’ve come to the right place.
Latest News
What Should I Do If the Insurance Company Denies My Claim?
Car Accident

What Should I Do If the Insurance Company Denies My Claim?

It is no secret that insurance companies are more interested in protecting their profits than making sure you are taken care of when you’ve been injured. So when you receive an inappropriately low settlement offer, or worse – find out that your claim has been denied – it does not automatically mean “game over”. There are still a few avenues you can explore to try and get the compensation you deserve for your car accident.

When Should I File a Small Claims Court Lawsuit?

Filing a lawsuit in a small claims court is an option when the at-fault driver was uninsured or when the insurance company has offered a low settlement or denied your claim. It may be smart to consult with a personal injury attorney before initiating your small courts claim, as sometimes your attorney may be able to re-negotiate your settlement amount with the insurance company and arrive at a more favorable offer without going to court. If all else fails or if the at-fault driver did not have insurance, you may try to seek compensation through a small claims court.

Can I Sue for Pain and Suffering in a Small Claims Court?

If you have been injured in an accident and unable to recover compensation through an insurance company, you may be able to sue for pain and suffering in a small claims court. In order to do that, you will need to be ready to show the court enough evidence documenting your injury and how it has affected your daily activities. Medical records, x-rays, M.R.I.s, and any other evidence may be used to support your claim.

How Much Money Can I Get in for a Car Accident Case in a Maine Small Claims Court?

Cases going through a small claims court in Maine must have a maximum settlement amount of $6000.00 or less. If your injuries resulted in damages above $6,000.00, you may want to seek the advice of a car accident attorney to see if filing a claim in a civil court may be the best alternative for you. Plaintiffs in a small claims court may represent themselves, but it may be in your best interest to seek the help of an attorney even before initiating your case.

If your claim has been denied by insurance or if you found yourself unable to recover fair compensation for your car accident, consult with the legal team at Gideon Asen LLC to learn your options. We are not afraid to negotiate with the insurance company and will take your case to court when necessary. Call us to learn more.