As a personal injury firm, our team at Gideon Asen LLC often works with families with children that have suffered birth injuries or childhood injuries. As such, we have seen firsthand the hard work, dedication, and perseverance that comes with undergoing a life-altering injury and continuing on to pursue higher education. In an effort to support these extraordinary students, we have founded the Gideon Asen Perseverance Scholarship!
If you are a student that has suffered a life-altering birth injury or childhood injury, we would like to hear your story. We understand that sustaining a birth or childhood injury can impact all aspects of your life, and we would love for you to share your story about how you have persevered in the face of the challenges presented by your injury to pursue higher education. To apply for this scholarship, we ask that you share in a 750-1,000 word essay how your birth/childhood injury has presented challenges in your life and how you overcame those challenges to be where you are today, pursuing a college degree.
This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one student who best articulates their perseverance in the face of life’s challenges to help with their education costs. Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Must have experienced a birth/childhood injury.
- The scholarship is open to any current or incoming college student at an accredited institution in the United States.
- Employees of Gideon Asen LLC, their immediate families, and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates for this scholarship must have a GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- A current resumé that lists your experience, both professional and academic.
- A current official or unofficial academic transcript.
- A 750-1,000 word essay response to the following prompt: Discuss how you persevered in the face of the challenges presented by your birth/childhood injury to pursue higher education.
Application Deadline and Instructions
To apply for this scholarship, candidates must email their essay, resumé, and transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2023. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “[Applicant’s Name] – 2023 Gideon Asen Perseverance Scholarship Application.”